Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Words

Well, what a coincedence. Just two weeks after writing in my blog that I wished I could REALLY write, my wife and I saw a movie about a guy who wished he could REALLY write. I didn't expect that. The difference was, though, he was a full time writer who couldn't get anything published. He thought he was writing good material but was having trouble getting someone to give him a break. To make ends meet he was borrowing money from his father while he continued to pursue his dreams. Obviously, when you're a full time writer and making zero dollars the stress, doubt, and strain become severe. That's where the movie became really interesting.

Film critic Chuck Koplinski writes, " Bradley Cooper is a struggling writer who stumbles upon an old manuscript and, out of desperation, pawns it off as his own. Fame and fortune come his way as does the original author, a bitter old man whose motives are mysterious. The film...maintains a serious tone as it deals with its theme of sin, regret, and the price paid when pride gets the best of us. Compelling and unexpected, this one will stick with you long after the credits roll."

And that's exactly how I felt after watching this movie. I sat there a couple of minutes just pondering the surprising ending and watching the credits roll. I really enjoyed this film much more than I thought I would and highly recommend it. But then again it's the kind of movie I like, no special effects, no aliens, no magic. Just a movie about people and life. Chiefpigskin.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment